Home | Tag Archives: Fire

Tag Archives: Fire

Summerfield Fire Department To Receive $2,500 Donation

america-farmers-grow-communities

The Summerfield Fire Department will be presented with a check for $2,500 from America’s Farmers Grow Communities, on behalf of local farmer Don Mathewson, who was selected by the Monsanto Foundation. The advocacy program supports rural communities through contributions to local non-profit organizations. A ceremony is planned at 11 a.m. Wednesday. Read More »

Overnight Fire Destroys Garage In Beatrice

fire-graphic-2

A fire Wednesday night in Beatrice did some $30,000 in damage, and destroyed a detached garage at 1308 and 1310 Scott Street. Firemen were called at around 9:30 p.m. A vehicle was removed without damage, with just minor damage reported to the adjacent residence. Cause was thought to be electrical. Read More »

Fatality Reported In Marysville House Fire

Breaking News Alert

A Marysville man, 65 year old Greg Haas died in a house fire Tuesday evening at his residence. Marysville Fire Department answered a call at 10:22 p.m. to 306 Laramie. His wife Janice escaped without injury. Firemen were on the scene until 4 a.m. Again, a fatality Tuesday evening, as Greg Haas age 65 died as a result of a ... Read More »

Blue Springs Fire Leads To Drug Arrests

police-crime-lights-graphic

Authorities responded to a fire in Blue Springs Friday afternoon at a residence in the 300 block of West Broad Street, shortly before 5 pm. No one was at home at the time, and a search warrant was executed after firefighters observed evidence related to drugs and drug use when they first entered the house. Several items related to drug ... Read More »

Beatrice Mobile Home Fire Leaves 1 Dead, 1 Injured

fire-graphic

A mobile home fire in Beatrice Monday morning claimed the life of a Beatrice woman, and critically injured her husband. Fifty-nine-year-old Vernia Hogan was dead at the scene, and 54-year-old David Hogan was flown to a Lincoln hospital with burns covering 30-40% of his body. It is believed that a space heater started the blaze at the Hoyle Mobile Home ... Read More »

Electrical Fire Believed To Have Destroyed Blue Springs Home

fire-graphic-2

A Blue Springs home was destroyed by fire late Sunday evening. Firemen were called out shortly after 10 p.m. to a residence at 121 West Irving, owned by Rodney and Melonie Bohlmeyer. Wymore and Blue Springs fire departments were called out again early Monday morning as the fire reignited. The home was a total loss, the fire was believed to ... Read More »

Fire at Neapo Manufacturing quickly extinguished

fire-graphic-2

Beatrice Fireman responded to a fire at Neapco Manufacturing Monday afternoon about 12:45 and found two machines on fire at the heat treatment area of the driveline manufacturing company. Neapco workers used liquid nitrogen to put the fires out as the Beatrice Fireman stood by. Damage was minimal and limited to the machines. Read More »

Fire at Landoll Corporation quickly contained

fire-graphic-2

A piece of machinery inside Shop 50 at Landoll Corporation caught fire early Wednesday morning, but was quickly put out by an automatic fire suppression system. All employees were evacuated from the building and no one was injured. The fire began about 6 am and everyone was allowed back in by 7:20 am. There was no major structural damage done to the building. Read More »

Fire hydrants not possible with Gage County Rural Water Project

fire-hydrant-1

Gage County Supervisors were hoping to install fire hydrants and fire truck fill up points along the rural water project near Wymore, however that will not be possible.  According to Ted McIntyre, the project engineer, fire hydrants being added to the line will not be possible because the system was designed for drinking water.  The line will run from just ... Read More »

Fire Destroys Rural Filley Home

fire-graphic

Fire destroyed the home of a rural Filley family early Thursday morning.  Tim Cowell, his wife and his two teenaged daughters were able to escape without any injuries.  It happened around 1:30 Thursday morning and is believed to have started in the garage, spreading to the attic and basement.  Firefighters thought they had it under control, not knowing that it ... Read More »