MARYSVILLE USD #364
Regular Board Meeting Highlights
June 12, 2013
- Tennis Court Presentation – Jeff Crist presented a proposal for new tennis courts, which the city council approved to pay for all eight courts on the condition that the school district pay $150,000 over 10 years for three courts and the tennis committee raise private funds combined with a US Tennis Association grant to pay $100,000 for two courts. Jeff Crist and Mary Kessinger-Wassom asked the board to vote on this proposal. They stated this has been a problem for 10 years and they needed a commitment from the board in order to move forward.
Chris Denner, new school board member effective July 1st, had some concerns and asked to be a part of decision.
Several board members had some concerns and felt they were not ready to make a decision tonight.
No action was taken.
- Accepted the following donations: (Passed 7-0)
- Crome Lumber donated materials for the Art Show.
- FFA received $160.00 from cash donations for the Kevin Peeks memorial.
- Art Club received $221.00 from Art Show donations.
- Donations from Kramer Oil Company:
- Vocal Music – $48.08
- Yearbook – $51.47
- FCCLA – $44.84
- Drama Club – $53.49
- Band – $97.12
- Donations received for the FBLA Nationals trip:
- Marysville Livestock, Inc. – $100.00
- Bruna Brothers Implement – $200.00
- Oregon Trail Equipment – $200.00
- Price Auto Supply – $25.00
- Ruth and Kenny Wetter – $100.00
- Helvering Trust – $2000.00
- K&N Pizza Hut (fundraising) $208.05
- Reviewed a budget report showing the current budget spent compared to budget spent for the last two years.
- Approved the annual G.A.A.P. (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) waiver since Kansas School Districts must operate under the cash basis law. (Passed 7-0)
- Declared the old audiometer and tympanometer as surplus. (Passed 7-0)
- Accepted the low bid of Don Bruna Construction, Inc in the amount of $22,500 for demolition and removal of debris at 400 South 11th Street. (Passed 7-0)
Marysville USD #364
Board Meeting Highlights
- Renewed a contract with Nemaha Valley Community Hospital for occupational therapy services and physical therapy services for special education students; to renew a contract with Jennifer L. Smith, Ph.D. as Consultant for Applied Behavior Analysis Services, and to renew a contract with Teri Holmberg for music therapy. (Passed 7-0)
- Approved an Athletic Training Services Agreement with Crist & Pieschl Physical Therapy in the amount of $1,500. (Passed 7-0)
- Mr. Thexton presented plaques and activity passes to Jada Ackerman, Michelle Reinhart, and Sandy Wilson for their years of service on the board.
- Authorized the district office to encumber and transfer funds necessary to expend the 2012-2013 budget. (Passed 7-0)
- Offered a contract to Katherine (Katie) Heiman as 6th grade teacher. (Passed 7-0)
- Appointed Kevin Morris as custodian at Marysville Elementary. (Passed 7-0)
- Appointed Renay Renyer as At Risk Aide. (Passed 7-0)
- Approved the following extra duty assignments: (Passed 7-0)
- Leigha Behrens – JH Assistant Volleyball
- Erin Wright – HS Assistant Volleyball
- Renay Renyer – HS (FR) Assistant Volleyball
- David Heyd – Assistant Girls Tennis
- Tom Knott – HS Assistant Football
- Rob Peschel – 1/2 Assistant HS Football
- James Campbell – 1/2 Assistant HS Football
- Bryan Kracht – JH Assistant Girls Basketball
- Renay Renyer – JH Assistant Basketball
- Jesse Edwards – JH Assistant Wrestling
- Josh Martinez – JH Assistant Wrestling
- Tom Knott – HS Assistant Wrestling
- Rick Creek – HS Assistant Wrestling
- John Rueger – HS (FR) Assistant Girls Basketball
- Approved the following extended contract days: (Passed 7-0)
- Jeanne Bruna (3 days) CTE Coordinator
- Kim Houtz (3 days) MTSS
- Debra Miller (2 days) MTSS & SAT