— These minutes are unofficial until approved by the Board of Commissioners at their next meeting.
April 29, 2013 Unofficial
The Board of Nemaha County Commissioners met in regular session on Monday, April 29, 2013 in the Commission Room of the Nemaha County Courthouse. The meeting was called to order by Chairman Gary Scoby leading the flag salute. Present also were Commissioners Tim Burdiek and Dennis Henry, Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum and Office Manager Janet Linden, and County Clerk Mary Kay Schultejans recording the minutes.
Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Report:
Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum advised the board that:
- he received a cost estimate from Central Kansas Engineering Consultants to perform the yearly bridge inspection for Nemaha County. Dennis shared this information with Commissioners.
- he will need to order grader blades from MidWest Service and Sales soon.
- he is aware of at least two people who would like to see Bridge B-15 in section 19 of Nemaha Township remain open. Dennis and the Commissioners had talked previously about possibly closing this bridge.
- Office Manager Janet Linden received a right of way easement request from JBN Telephone Company to run a phone line along Old Highway 9 west of Corning. Tim Burdiek moved to approve the right of way easement request with JBN Telephone Company. Gary Scoby seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye. Commissioners signed the request as presented.
The board reviewed vouchers submitted by the different departments to be paid at the end of the month.
The board reviewed the minutes from the April 22, 2013 meeting. Tim Burdiek moved to approve the minutes as presented. Dennis Henry seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye.
Sheriff Rich Vernon advised the board that:
- his department had a very interesting week this past week which included some damage done to Sheriff’s Department vehicles.
- they are currently holding thirteen inmates in the jail.
- he will be meeting with an architect from Treanor Architect tomorrow afternoon to discuss the possibility of building a new jail in Nemaha County.
Commissioners phoned and spoke to Jay Herrmann with AHRS Construction about possibly replacing the front entrance sidewalk to the Courthouse.
The board reviewed a quote submitted by Gudenkauf Tree Service to trim trees on the Courthouse grounds. Commissioners did not act on this bid at this time.
With no further county business coming before the board, Chairman Gary Scoby adjourned the meeting at 12:25 pm. The next regularly scheduled meeting will be held on Monday, May 6, 2013 at 9:00 am.