The Riley County Fire District was called to a structure fire late Friday afternoon, at about 5:45 pm on Fancy Creek Road near Green. A teenager and child were home at the time of the fire, but they were both outside when the first units arrived. They told fireman that the upstairs of the house was on fire, and upon entry, fireman were quickly able to knock the fire down and keep it confined to just the bedroom with the estimated cost at $4,000. The cause of the fire appeared to be a candle that was knocked over. No one was injured and the family was able to stay in the home that night. In all, 22 fireman from 6 Riley County stations responded to the fire.
About Kevin Rippe
Kevin Rippe was born in Marysville and moved to Smith Center at the age of 1, then graduated from Smith Center High School in 1995. He graduated from Cloud County Community College in 1997, and joined the staff of KKAN/KQMA radio in Phillipsburg a year later. Since June of 2011 Kevin has been with us here at Your Country KNDY. You can hear Kevin on daily news reports, as well as calling area high school football and basketball. Kevin lives in Marysville with his wife Melissa, and 4 children Brennen, Jacob, Bailee, and Joshua.
September 22, 2014
September 9, 2014
September 4, 2014