— These minutes are unofficial until approved by the Board of Commissioners at their next meeting.
February 4, 2013 Unofficial
The Board of Nemaha County Commissioners met in regular session on Monday, February 4, 2013 in the Commission Room of the Nemaha County Courthouse. The meeting was called to order by Chairman Gary Scoby leading the flag salute. Present also were Commissioners Tim Burdiek and Dennis Henry, Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum and Office Manager Janet Linden, and County Clerk Mary Kay Schultejans recording the minutes.
Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Report:
Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum advised the board that:
- he spoke to Gudenkauf Tree Service about removing two trees on the Pioneer Building grounds. Dennis stated that Gudenkauf’s will be submitting a quote soon for this job.
- Husker Steel has already delivered the H-piling recently purchased for bridge construction.
- they recently did some repairs to the trash truck used to pick up cardboard throughout the county.
- Office Manager Janet Linden had recently submitted applications to the Road and Bridge Department to share with Commissioners.
- Janet had updated copies of the Road and Bridge Department’s inventory for Commissioners.
Sheriff Rich Vernon advised the board that:
- his department had a busy weekend this past weekend.
- they are currently holding ten inmates in the jail, one inmate in Marshall County, and one inmate in Jackson County.
- they will be having a commercial shredding company come soon to destroy documents that no longer need to be retained by the Sheriff’s Department.
Sheriff Rich Vernon, Road and Bridge Office Manager Janet Linden, Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum, Road and Bridge Mechanic John Morrison, Deputy Election Officer Deann Koch, Deputy Treasurer Janell Niehues, Deputy Register of Deeds Sharon Reinecke, Field Appraiser Ann Deters, Deputy Clerk Sandy Koelzer, and Motor Vehicle Deputy Kelly Schulte came before the board to discuss the 2013 Reorganization. The group questioned the board as to why the pay increases proposed to Commissioners at last week’s meeting were not approved at this time while the increase proposed earlier by the Sheriff for his department was approved. Commissioners stated that they plan to work with a Human Resource professional to
improve the reorganization document to try to make the pay more uniform throughout the different departments of the county.
County Attorney Brad Lippert came before the board. Commissioners discussed with Brad the Assistant County Attorney’s pay.
The board reviewed vouchers submitted by the different departments that were paid at the end of January. Tim Burdiek moved to approve the warrants and pay vouchers for January 2013 as presented. Dennis Henry seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye.
The board reviewed the minutes from the January 28, 2013 meeting. Gary Scoby moved to approve the minutes as presented. Tim Burdiek seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye.
The board reviewed a bid from Eisenbarth Plumbing in the amount of $856.00 to replace the drinking fountain at the courthouse. The current fountain has a hole in the reserve tank and is leaking water out onto the floor. Following discussion, Tim Burdiek moved to approve the bid from Eisenbarth Plumbing to replace the drinking fountain. Dennis Henry seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye.
With no further county business coming before the board, Chairman Gary Scoby adjourned the meeting at 1:40 pm. The next regularly scheduled meeting will be held on Monday, February 11, 2013 at 9:00 am.