MARYSVILLE USD #364
Regular Board Meeting Highlights
December 12, 2012
- Kevin Samuelson, Michelle Reinhart, Betty Temple, and Khris Thexton were honored by the Kansas Association of School Boards for participation in training programs and received certificates for acquiring at least 25 Leadership Academy Points.
- Citizen’s Open Forum
- Pastor Donnie Stuart addressed the board on his positive influence he has with students in the lunchroom. He said he does not promote any religion or church events, and students can vent to him. He asked the board to allow adults to come to the lunchroom as they have in the past.
- Janelle and Parker Price addressed the board again for their family’s concern of how incidents were handled at Marysville Elementary School, which they felt they did not receive answers to their questions.
- With all the negative publicity, Deb Miller invited everyone to come to Marysville Elementary and see the positive things going on.
- Accepted the following donations:
- MES received a $650 check from NEA/Pearson (NFIE Teaching Excellence Award).
- The girls’ basketball team received a donation of $242.64 from Gay Frazee’s business “All Around the House”.
- Trevor and Jill Kort donated $50 to Tri-M Music Honor Society.
- MCAC approved a local funding request for members of the HS band to attend the KSU Concert Band Clinic in January. Their donation of $1,510 covers the registration and hotel expenses for the group, including two sponsors.
- The girls’ basketball team received a $500 donation from an anonymous donor and $118 in donations from the alumni basketball games. The boys’ basketball team received $250 from an anonymous donor and $393 in donations from the alumni basketball games.
- Art Club received a $25 donation from Marty and Hannah Malotte.
- Reviewed a budget report showing the current budget spent compared to budget spent for the last two years.
- Reviewed enrollment projections for the 2013-2014 school year. An increase of approximately 8 students is expected.
- Cody Hill, Brady Moore, and Bryton Stoll gave a power point presentation on the anti-bullying survey they developed in Ms. Gross’ probability & statistics class.
- Approved the reissued audit report for fiscal year ending June 30, 2011 presented by Ken Kickhaefer of Kickhaefer & Associates, P.A. (The only changes made are in the determining of the major federal programs selected for special testing in that year. The financial statements remain the same as originally stated. After correctly clustering the federal monies, the Special Education Cluster is to be the major program selected for fiscal year ended June 30, 2011.)
Marysville USD #364
Board Meeting Highlights
- Accepted the bid of Restoration and Waterproofing Contractors in the amount of $143,783.55 (Base Bid) for the Homer Hanson Stadium Masonry Restoration project.
- Deb Miller presented reasons and drawbacks to moving 6th grade to the Junior High which were developed by the MES Scheduling Committee (Deb Miller, Amy Hoover, Abigail Meyer, and Shawnae’ Rempe).
- Approved a motion to republish the general fund budget for 2012-13 due to increased enrollment and to set the hearing date at the beginning of the regular board meeting on January 9, 2013.
- Accepted the following resignations:
- Deb Lord (Retirement) – secondary paraprofessional, Effective December 21, 2012
- Jami Ellenbecker – elementary secretary, Effective December 14, 2012
- Eddie Minor – secondary P.E. teacher and coach, Effective December 21, 2012
- Appointed Kathy Ungerer as elementary secretary.
- General Discussion:
- Mr. Thexton is working with the highway department on ways of slowing down traffic on Highway 77 by the Junior High.
- Annual Northeast Kansas Educational Legislative Luncheon – January 3, 2013 in Seneca.