MARYSVILLE USD #364
Regular Board Meeting Highlights
November 14, 2012
- Citizen’s Open Forum
- Robert Watts spoke to the Board about his concerns with the football program.
- Theresa Forst spoke in support of the FFA program, and asked the board and administration to continue to support all activities and sports.
- Parker Price addressed the board for his family’s concern of how incidents were handled atMarysvilleElementary School.
- Accepted the following donations:
- Received $495.00 from USD 364 Foundation for the “Pledge”.
- Received $1,000.00 from Citizens State Bank toward T-Shirts for Secondary Character Education Program.
- The Junior/Senior High Library received $82.23 from Danks for receipts turned in.
- The Elementary Library received $891.38 from Danks for receipts turned in.
- Trevor Merrill, a 2012 graduate of MHS, donated an acoustic guitar and case to USD 364, valued at $300. The guitar has a graphic of the American flag on the body. Trevor signed it with his current Navy rank. It is currently on display in the trophy case across from the HS Office.
- The Spanish Club received $120.00 in cash donations toward their summer trip.
- The Activities/Athletics received $100.00 for stadium seats.
- Reviewed a budget report showing the current budget spent compared to budget spent for the last two years.
- Mr. Thexton discussed enrollment at MES for next year, and the possibility that 6th grade may need to be moved to the Junior High.
- Received a Presidential Proclamation for American Education Week – November 11 toNovember 17, 2012. Cupcakes were made by the food service workers in appreciation to all teachers and staff.
- Approved the following extra duty appointments:
- Tam Gordon – Vocal Music 2/3
- Ryan Smith – JH Assistant Boys Basketball
Landon Wright – JH Assistant Boys Basketball