PRESS RELEASE FOR 10-8-2012
212 N. 6th -Seneca,KS66538
1. Joshua L. May, 23,Beatrice,NEwas arrested on 10-7-2012 by the KHP on a Marshall County Bench Warrant for Failure to Appear. May remains in custody with bond set at $2,500.
2. Jeremy L. Smith, 27, Onaga was arrested on 10-6-2012 by the KHP for the offense of Transporting an Open Container. Smith was released on $250 cash bond on 10-7-2012 with a court date of 12-18-2012 at 9 a.m.
3. Jason R. Smith, 25, Beattie was arrested on 10-6-2012 by the KHP for the offense of Transporting Open Container, Driving While Suspended and No Liability Insurance. Smith was released on $250 cash bond on 10-7-2012 with a court date of 12-18-2012 at 9 a.m.
4. Joseph A. Reinert, 31,Salina, KS was arrested on 10-8-2012 by NMSO for the offense of Possession of Paraphernalia and Possession of Methamphetamines. Reinert remains in custody.
5. Kristina L. Luckeroth, 22, Hiawatha, was arrested on 10-7-2012 by NMSO for the offense of Driving Under the Influence. Luckeroth was released on 10/7/2012 on $750 surety bond with a court date of 11/6/2012 at 9:30 a.m.
6. Bronson L. White, 27, Hiawatha was booked into the Nemaha County Jail on 10-6-2012 on warrants from Lyon County for Failure to Abide, Emporia Municipal Court for Criminal Carrying of a weapon, and Osage County for Probation Violation. White remains in custody.
1. On 10-1-2012 at 9:15 p.m. deputies took a report of a stolen vehicle from the parking lot of USC LLC, 2320 124th Road, Sabetha. The vehicle was later recovered in Hiawatha. Investigation is ongoing and charges are pending.
1. On 10/4/2012 at 4:25 a.m. James E. Brown, 51, Seneca, was traveling eastbound onUS Highway36 ¼ mile west of W Road when he struck a deer. He was driving a 2010 Ford Fusion. Over $1,000 damage.
2. On 10-5-2012 at 10:40 p.m. Elisabeth A. Oatney, 46, Waterville was traveling westbound on US 36 Highway approximately ½ mile east of V Road when She struck a deer. She was driving a 2006 Chevrolet Suburban. Over $1,000 damage.