— These minutes are unofficial until approved by the Board of Commissioners at their next meeting.
October 29, 2012 Unofficial
The Board of Nemaha County Commissioners met in regular session on Monday, October 29, 2012 in the Commission Room of the Nemaha County Courthouse. The meeting was called to order by Chairman Mark Wessel leading the flag salute. Present also were Commissioners Gary Scoby and Tim Burdiek, Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum, and County Clerk Mary Kay Schultejans recording the minutes.
Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Report:
Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum advised the board that:
- he still has the guys hauling rock in places throughout the county.
- he needed to purchase tires last week for some of the trucks.
Nancy Gafford with Rural Development Association of Northeast Kansas came before the board. Ms. Gafford talked to Commissioners about their options concerning the bid for administrative services for the CDBG grant for Flint Hills Recycling. Following discussion, Tim Burdiek moved to reject the bid received from Ranson Financial Consultants, LLC because it exceeds the amount the State allows for administrative services for this type of grant. Gary Scoby seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye. Commissioners have decided to seek bids again for this project.
Sheriff Rich Vernon advised the board that:
- his department had an active week and weekend.
- they are currently holding sixteen inmates in the jail plus one inmate in Marshall County.
- he needed an executive session with Commissioners. Gary Scoby moved to hold a fifteen minute executive session until 10:20 am to discuss non-elected personnel. Tim Burdiek seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye. Present for the executive session was the Board of Commissioners, County Clerk Mary Kay Schultejans, and Sheriff Rich Vernon. The meeting returned to open session at 10:20 am with no action taken by the board following the executive session.
Commissioners spoke to Tracy Seitz with Scott Human Resources by phone. Ms. Seitz’s appointment has been rescheduled for Friday, November 9
th at 9:00 am.
The board reviewed vouchers submitted by the different departments to be paid at the end of the month.
The board reviewed the minutes from the October 22, 2012 meeting and the October 23, 2012 special meeting. Gary Scoby moved to approve both sets of minutes as presented. Tim Burdiek seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye.
County Attorney Brad Lippert came before the board. Commissioners spoke to Brad about information received from Kurt and Melissa Detweiler concerning the proposed wind farm to be constructed in Nemaha County.
With no further county business coming before the board, Chairman Mark Wessel adjourned the meeting at 12:15 pm. The next regularly scheduled meeting will be held on Monday, November 5, 2012 at 9:00 am.