PRESS RELEASE FOR 9-17-2012
NEMAHA COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
212 N. 6th -Seneca,KS 66538
1. Michael L. Lake, 57, Sabetha was arrested by NMSO on 9-13-2012 on a Nemaha County charges of Probation Violation. Lake remains in custody and bond has been set at $20,000.
2. Jason L. Arington, 30, Sabetha was arrested by Sabetha PD on 9-14-2012 on a Douglas County Warrant for Failure To Appear. Arington was released on 9-14-2012 on $750 surety bond with a court date of 9-21-2012 at 8:30 a.m.
3. Francis L. Haynes, 40, Seneca was arrested on 9-16-2012 by Seneca PD for the offense of Domestic Battery. Haynes was released on 9-17-2012 with a court date of 10-17-2012 at 9 a.m.
4. James Stewart was released on 9-12-2012 on $250 OR bond with a court date of 10-16-2012 at 10 a.m.
1. On 9-8-2012 NMSO took a report of burglary & theft at 792 H Road,Corning. Sometime between 5 p.m. on 9-6-2012 and 7 a.m. on 9-7-2012 an unknown person or persons broke into construction trailers and removed several lengths of copper wire, framing guns, staple gun, air compressor, cordless drill, and other various items. Total loss is estimated at $3,194.
1. On 9-15-2012 at 7:20 p.m. Marcela Moncayo Mora, 26, Seneca was traveling westbound on 168th Road .6 miles east of K-63 when she lost control on the gravel and went into the south ditch rolling the vehicle. She was transported to Nemaha Valley Community Hospital by ambulance. She was driving a 1999 Ford Ranger. Over $1,000 damage.
2. On 9-15-2012 at 2:53 a.m. Matthew J. Haverkamp, 16, Bern was traveling northbound on K-63 Hwy south of 208th Road when he fell asleep and left the roadway. Haverkamp was driving a 2012 Chevrolet Impala. Over $1,000 damage.
3. On 9-14-2012 at 9:36 a.m. Brent Simkins, 41, Havensville was traveling westbound on US 36 Hwy .2 miles west of O Road when he stopped to avoid a vehicle in the roadway. Jim L. Kissel, 53, Wetmore was also traveling westbound behind Simkins. Kissel could not get stopped and struck the rear of Simkins vehicle. Simkins was driving a 2009 Peterbilt semi and Kissel was driving a 2002 Dodge pickup. Over $1,000 damage.