September 10, 2012
The Board of Marshall County Commissioners met in regular adjourned session with Thomas K. Holle Chairman; Charles R. Loiseau and Robert S. Connell members and Sonya L. Stohs, County Clerk present.
The meeting was called to order at 8:45 a.m.
The Board opened the meeting with the flag salute.
The minutes and agenda were approved as presented upon a motion by Charles R. Loiseau seconded by Robert S. Connell. Unanimous.
County Attorney Laura McNish met with the Board.
The Board was part of a conference call with Clay, Cloud, and Washington Counties to discuss a contract for a multi-County County Sanitarian. The contract would have Marlene Stamm, Washington be a private contractor for the four County group with each County paying a yearly appropriation of $2,000.00 and the private contractor would be able to collect and keep the fees for all Sanitary Code work within the four County area. The Cloud County Attorney Rob Walsh will put together the contract to be signed by the group on September 17, 2012 at a 1:30 p.m. meeting in Washington, KS.
Custodian Lou Wassenberg met with the Board.
County Attorney Laura Johnson-McNish met with the Board.
Thomas K. Holle moved, seconded by Robert S. Connell to go into executive session for ten minutes at 9:15 a.m. to discuss matters of non-elected personnel and to give the KCAMP report. Unanimous.
Robert S. Connell moved, seconded by Charles R. Loiseau to approve the following purchase orders. Unanimous.
- Sanofi Pasteur, Inc., Chicago, IL for private vaccine. $22,141.81-Health fund-P.O. # 4190.
- Midland Medical Supply, Lincoln, NE for needles. $1,339.00-Health fund-P.O. # 4188.
- Glaxo Smith Kline, Atlanta, GA for private vaccine. $14,836.00-Health fund-P.O. # 4223.
- ASD Healthcare, Dallas, TX for private vaccine. $1,980.00-Health fund-P.O. # 4224.
- Midwest Mobile, St. Joseph, MO for antenna install. $621.00-911 fund-P.O. # 4245.
- Quill, Philadelphia, PA for toner. $835.91-911 fund-P.O. # 4246.
- Heartland Alarms, Lawrence, KS for fire alarm test and report. $630.00-General (Sheriff) fund-P.O. # 4209.
- Ed Roehr Safety Products, St. Louis, MO for taser kits. $892.26-General (Sheriff) fund-P.O. # 4210.
- Mail Finance, Chicago, IL for postage meter maintenance. $1,090.62-General (Courthouse) fund-P.O. #4251.
- Parcells Reg. Forensics Service, Leawood, KS for autopsy. $1,150.00-General (Dist. Coroner) fund-P.O. # 4252.
- Blue Valley Tele-communications, Home, KS for camera, indoor dome, material and labor. $1,292.65-General (Building) fund-P.O. # 4211.
Charles R. Losieau moved, seconded by Robert S. Connell to certify Thomas K. Holle as the voting delegate and Robert S. Connell as the alternate voting delegate for the KWORCC Annual Meeting in November. Unanimous.
Public Works Administrator Mike Craig and Public Works Coordinating Supervisor Larry Polson met with the Board.
Public Works Coordinating Supervisor Larry Polson presented the following bids for a 24 X 25.6 concrete slab bridge to be replaced between Sections 9 and 16 in Wells Township on Tumbleweed Road.
- Husker Steel, Columbus, NE – $34,820.86.
- Oden Enterprises, Wahoo, NE – $38,663.54.
Charles R. Loiseau moved, seconded by Robert S. Connell to approve the low bid from Husker Steel, Columbus, NE in the amount of $34,820.86. Unanimous.
Charles R. Loiseau moved, seconded by Robert S. Connell to approve the following purchase orders. Unanimous.
- Star Programming, Danville, KS for retainer fee. $1,000.00-Road & Bridge fund-P.O. # 107041.
- Seneca Ready Mix, Seneca, KS for concrete. $1,529.00-Road & Bridge fund-P.O. # 107040.
- Van Keppel, Kansas City, KS for PK rings, burner and shipping. $553.50-Road & Bridge fund-P.O. # 106925.
- KSM Exchange, Oklahoma City, OK for burners and freight. $814.96-Road & Bridge fund-P.O. # 106924.
- Husker Steel, Columbus, NE for concrete slab bridge pkg. $34,820.86-Road & Bridge fund-P.O. # 107042.
Robert S.Connell moved, seconded by Thomas K. Holle approve the vouchers, as presented, and issue warrants from the respective funds. Unanimous.
Charles R. Loiseau moved, seconded by Robert S. Connell to adjourn at 10:45 a.m. Unanimous. The next scheduled meeting will be Tuesday, September 17, 2012 starting at 9:00 a.m.