Marysville, KansasLocal Weather Alerts
There are currently no active weather alerts.
Home | KNDY News | Emergency loans available through FSA for area farmers/ranchers.

Emergency loans available through FSA for area farmers/ranchers.

Emergency loans are now available from the Farm Service Agency for farmers in Pottawatomie and Riley Counties due to the drought that began in mid June and continues.  Marshall and Nemaha Counties are also eligible to apply for these loans according to legislation, which provides farmers in bordering counties that have been designated disaster assistance.  Applications will be accepted until April 8th, 2013 through the FSA.  FSA loans used to cover physical losses may be used to replace installations, equipment, livestock, or buildings, including your home, lost through the disaster.  Production losses may be used to buy feed, seed, fertilizer, livestock, or to make payments on real estate debts.  Farmers and Ranchers that think they may be eligible to receive a loan from the FSA should call the FSA County Office in Seneca at 785-336-3543 ext. 120 or 128 for more information or to apply.

About Kevin Rippe

Kevin Rippe was born in Marysville and moved to Smith Center at the age of 1, then graduated from Smith Center High School in 1995. He graduated from Cloud County Community College in 1997, and joined the staff of KKAN/KQMA radio in Phillipsburg a year later. Since June of 2011 Kevin has been with us here at Your Country KNDY. You can hear Kevin on daily news reports, as well as calling area high school football and basketball. Kevin lives in Marysville with his wife Melissa, and 4 children Brennen, Jacob, Bailee, and Joshua.