MARYSVILLE USD #364
Regular Board Meeting Highlights
July 11, 2012
- Elected Kevin Samuelson as President of the Board of Education for 2012-13.
- Elected Sandy Wilson as Vice-President of the Board for 2012-13.
- AppointedLucy Westas Clerk of the Board, Cathy Yager as Deputy Clerk, and Jody Bruna as Treasurer.
- Appointed the law firm of Bolton & McNish at the rate of $70 per hour for legal services.
- Appointed the Superintendent to be the authorized district representative for all state and federal programs including liaison for homeless children and youth.
- Appointed Lucy West as Designated Agent for KPERS.
- Authorized Citizens State Bank and Trust Company of Bremen, United Bank & Trust, Citizens State Bank, and First Commerce Bank as designated depositories for district funds.
- Set the 2012-13 school year at 1,116 hours.
- Named the Marysville Advocate as the official district newspaper.
- Designated Mike Bodensteiner the Director of theSoutheastKansasEducationServiceCenter(Greenbush) as the person who will verify that in-service credit is valid for license renewal.
- Appointed the Board President as hearing officer for free and reduced price meal application appeals.
- Appointed the Superintendent as the hearing officer to conduct due process hearings for student long term suspensions or expulsions.
- Appointed Laura Johnson-McNish or Darold Bolton as the hearing officer to hear appeals in student expulsion cases.
- Appointed Administrators as Attendance Officers.
- Appointed the Superintendent as Freedom Information Officer.
- Designated John Runnebaum as the person to ensure that asbestos federal requirements are properly implemented.
- Approved the proposed 2012-13 budget for publication.
- Set the budget hearing date as August 8, 2012 at 6:00 p.m.
- Accepted the following donations:
- The cheerleaders received a donation of $551.21 from the Auto Fest.
- Received $2,000 from the R.L. or Elsa Helvering Trust and $2,000 from the Guise-Weber Foundation for the new sign.
- The Football Club received donations of $300.00 each from Blue Valley and Farm Bureau.
- Approved the Food Service Agreements with the State Department of Education, St. Gregory’s and Good Shepherd Schools.
- Adopted resolutions authorizing building principals to be in charge of building activity funds for Marysville Junior/Senior High, and Marysville Elementary.
- Adopted resolutions authorizing petty cash accounts for the superintendent, high school, junior high and elementary schools.
- Adopted a resolution for destruction of records.
Marysville USD #364
Board Meeting Highlights
- Reviewed a budget report showing the current budget spent compared to budget spent for the last two years.
- Accepted the escalator bid of Dean Foods/Land O Lakes to provide milk to the district for the 2012-13 school year.
- Approved a motion to switch the district’s long distance service to Blue Valley tele-communications.
- Declared the following items as surplus to discard:
- 2 Palms and docking stations
- 1 Go Type Keyboard for Palm
- 2 Netcom Headsets
- 2007 Quicken Software
- Old radios and transmitter
- Declared bus 16 as surplus and accepted the bid of Tom Olmsted for $1,000.
- Authorized seeking bids for a new 71 passenger school bus.
- Approved the Marysville Senior High Handbook, Marysville Junior High Handbook, and Marysville Elementary Handbook with the bullying verbiage as in the Senior High’s Handbook.
- Set the second Wednesday of each month at 6:00 P.M. in the Dr. William J. Oborny Media Center as the date, time, and place of the regular board meetings.
- AppointedJada Ackermanand Sonya Stohs to the Special Education Advisory Council.
- Appointed Kevin Samuelson as the Governmental Relations Representative with KASB.
- Appointed Kevin Samuelson and Sandy Wilson to the USD 364 Foundation Board of Directors.
- Appointed Todd Milner to the Partners In Education Board.
- AppointedBettyTempleandMichelle Reinhart, with Sandy Wilson as the alternate, to the Negotiation Team.
- Approved a motion to rescind all previous board policies and approve the 2012-13 Board of Education Policies.
- Set the district mileage reimbursement at $.50 per mile.
- Approved Kim Faulkner as full-time from .7 FTE.
- Approved the following extra duty appointments:
- Melissa Friedrichs – JH Assistant Girls Basketball
- Melissa Friedrichs – JV Volleyball
- Jayson Tynon – HS Assistant Girls Basketball
- Erin Kroeger – 9th Volleyball
- Stacy Wullschleger – MTSS/RTI
- General Discussion:
- New Teacher Reception is August 8th at 5:30 p.m.