— These minutes are unofficial until approved by the Board of Commissioners at their next meeting.
June 25, 2012 Unofficial
The Board of Nemaha County Commissioners met in regular session on Monday, June 25, 2012 in the Commission Room of the Nemaha County Courthouse. The meeting was called to order by Chairman Mark Wessel leading the flag salute. Present also were Commissioners Gary Scoby and Tim Burdiek, Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum and Office Manager Janet Linden, and County Clerk Mary Kay Schultejans recording the minutes.
Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Report:
Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum advised the board that:
- Scotwood Industries is not able to deliver the dust control product at this time for the residents who applied for the county’s dust control program. Dennis stated that another option would be for the county to purchase the product from Team Lab and apply it ourselves.
- he is having problems with a tube between sections 28 and 29 of Home Township and that he would like to purchase a new tube to install at this location. Dennis provided Commissioners with a quote from Welborne Sales for $12,064.25 and a quote from Metal Culverts, Inc. for $11,981.75 for the purchase of the new tube. Dennis stated the he prefers the type of tube that Welborne Sales has. Gary Scoby moved to approve the purchase of the tube from Welborne Sales at a cost of $12,064.25. Tim Burdiek seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye.
- they will begin sealing again tomorrow. They are working west of Corning on Old Highway 9 right now.
Chairman Mark Wessel signed the service agreement with Scott Human Resources as presented.
The board reviewed vouchers submitted by the different departments to be paid at the end of the month.
Alice Lackey with the Nemaha County Training Center came before the board. She let Commissioners know that the roof at the training center in Seneca is leaking. She provided Commissioners with a quote from Suther Building Supply for $14,738.00 and a quote from L Construction for $10,483.60 to reshingle the roof of this building. Both companies estimated that it would about $200.00 to repair the roof where needed instead of reshingling it. The board made no decision on this issue at this time, but asked Ms. Lackey to also get a bid to have the roof tinned as well.
Sheriff Rich Vernon advised the board that:
- everything went smoothly last week while he was gone at the National Sheriff’s Conference. Rich reported a normal to active week for his department.
- the Dave Mee Memorial Highway sign unveiling will be held at 10:00 am this Wednesday at the Corning Community Building.
- the mock training went well at the Nemaha Valley High School last week. Rich stated that he will be working with Emergency Preparedness Director Todd Swart concerning setting up a mobile dispatch center for the Sheriff’s Office.
Stephen Euston with Bukaty Companies came before the board to speak to Commissioners about the health insurance that his company could offer for county employees. No decision was made at this time whether or not to pursue the plans this company could offer to the county.
Jane Sunderland and Martin Mishler with Nemaha County Community Health Services came before the board to request funding for their 2012-2013 fiscal year. They are requesting $50,000.00 for 2013, which is an increase of $2,800.00 from what was provided by the county in 2012. This amount would include both the county cash match for the formula grant received by Nemaha County Community Health Services and the amount paid to this organization for serving as the county’s health officer.
District Court Clerk Patty Heideman came before the board to submit her 2013 budget to Commissioners. She is requesting $60,180.00 for 2013, which is an increase of $500.00 from what was provided by the county in 2012.
County Attorney Brad Lippert came before the board. Brad had nothing new to report to Commissioners at this time.
The board reviewed the minutes from the June 18, 2012 meeting. Gary Scoby moved to approve the minutes as presented. Tim Burdiek seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye.
With no further county business coming before the board, Chairman Mark Wessel adjourned the meeting at 12:41 pm. The