— These minutes are unofficial until approved by the Board of Commissioners at their next meeting.
June 11, 2012 Unofficial
The Board of Nemaha County Commissioners met in regular session on Monday, June 11, 2012 in the Commission Room of the Nemaha County Courthouse. The meeting was called to order by Chairman Mark Wessel leading the flag salute. Present also were Commissioners Gary Scoby and Tim Burdiek, Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum and Office Manager Janet Linden, and County Clerk Mary Kay Schultejans recording the minutes.
Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Report:
Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum advised the board that:
- Max Stallbaumer has been employed in the Solid Waste Department for six months now. Dennis stated that Max has been doing a great job and that he would like to raise his pay to the next step on the salary schedule. Commissioners agreed to raise Max to $14.16 per hour effective immediately.
- Diane Sowers in the Solid Waste Department is currently making $14.77 per hour. Discussion was held concerning raising Diane’s pay as well, but no decision was made at this time. Commissioners will discuss this issue again at next week’s meeting.
- Office Manager Janet Linden had information for Commissioners in preparation for next week’s meeting at Church Road. This information contained dollar amounts spent on this road thus far.
- they are continuing to work on blade patching and sealing county roads.
- they are almost finished with the second seal on the KSI Conveyor’s road project.
Chairman Mark Wessel signed the Neighborhood Revitalization Application submitted by Todd Tractor and the Clerk’s Monthly Fees Report for May 2012 as presented.
The board reviewed vouchers submitted by the different departments to be paid at the middle of the month.
Sheriff Rich Vernon advised the board that:
- Commissioners will be seeing a bill come through for ammunition that was actually purchased last year. This bill was just recently sent to the Sheriff’s Office for payment.
- his department had a normal weekend.
- he will be attending the National Sheriff’s Conference next week.
Tracy Seitz with Scott Human Resources came before the board. Ms. Seitz was asked to review the Nemaha County Policies and Procedures handbook. She is here today to give
Commissioners feedback on her review of this document. Ms. Seitz discussed with Commissioners items that need to be added or changed to the county’s policies. Commissioners asked Ms. Seitz to submit a quote and service agreement for her company to rewrite and update the Nemaha County Policies and Procedures handbook.
Chairman Mark Wessel recessed the meeting at 11:20 am. The meeting resumed at 12:30 pm.
County Appraiser Betty Roeder came before the board. She advised Commissioners that she received 24 applications for the open position in her office. Betty stated that she interviewed eight applicants and has determined her top two candidates for the position. She shared the names of these two applicants with Commissioners and stated that she will offer the position to the top candidate this week.
The board reviewed the minutes from the June 4, 2012 meeting. Gary Scoby moved to approve the minutes with the corrections noted. Tim Burdiek seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye.
Mark Wessel moved to accept the quote from GFI Software for the purchase of Vipre Anitvirus for the courthouse at a cost of $614.50 for a three year period. Tim Burdiek seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye.
With no further county business coming before the board, Chairman Mark Wessel adjourned the meeting at 1:20 pm. The next regularly scheduled meeting will be held on Monday, June 18, 2012 at 9:00 am.