May 9, 2012
- Presentation – Kim Houtz gave a presentation on the Grosvenor Teacher Fellowship Award she received. The fellowship is named after former National Geographic Society chairman Gilbert Grosvenor, a firm believer in geographic education. Linblad Expeditions, Oracle and Google are also providing support for the program. In June she will head for Svalbard, an island 350 miles north of Norway. She’ll be on the ship National Geographic Explorer and will interact with naturalists at work.
- Mrs. Houtz’s Biology class will attend the tree planting ceremony on May 15th at 7th and Walnut.
- School Resource Officer David Ohlde talked to the board about his concern regarding bullying. Surveys filled out showed 38% of Junior High students said they have been bullied. An open discussion was held on May 9th with Junior High students.
- Accepted the following donations:
- Crome Lumber is donating materials for the Art Show & Commencement.
- Received $250.00 from Blue Valley Tele-Communications, Inc. for Camp Invention.
- Received $100.00 from Bolton & McNish, LLC for Camp Invention.
- Received $500.00 from the R.L. or Elsa Helvering Trust for Camp Invention.
- Received $100.00 from Citizens State Bank for Camp Invention.
- Received $150.00 donation from Blue Valley Tele-Communications for the Senior Class.
- Received $70.00 from Mary Schilling for Camp Invention.
- Received $637.00 from Marysville Rotary Club to be used toward Amy Hoover’s purchase of Fish curriculum.
- Received $100.00 donation from Mike & Nancy Padgett to the softball team.
- Received $100.00 donation from Pat & Kelly Schotte to the FFA.
- Received $80.00 in cash donations for Popular Music Lab from Music in the Park.
- Reviewed a budget report showing the current budget spent compared to budget spent for the last two years.
- Director of Technology Brad Dressman presented a proposal from Blue Valley tele-communications for Fiber Optic Network. Board consensus was for Mr. Dressman to move forward to get the needs of the district and costs. The district is under contract with AT&T until 2013.
- Mrs. Harmer asked the board to consider approving 1 day per month early release days for the Junior/Senior High September through March. A revised calendar will be presented at the June meeting.
- Approved a motion not to offer driver’s education this summer due to lack of a licensed instructor.
- Approved the 3 year Technology Plan for 7/1/2012 to 6/30/2015.
- Approved the SRO (School Resource Officer) renewal contract for 2012-13.
- Approved a motion to continue to offer voluntary student accident insurance through Student Assurance Services.
- Entered into a one-year cooperative agreement between Good Shepherd Lutheran School and USD #364 to participate in inter-scholastic activities and athletics for the 2012-13 school year.
- Accepted the recommendation of the Oehm Scholarship Committee to award the $250 scholarship. The recipient will be announced at the Senior Scholastic Award Night on May 17th.
- Authorized republishing Code 51-KPERS fund for 2011-12.
- Accepted the following resignations:
- Lowine Rengstorf (Retirement) – Food Service
- Janelle Noel – 1st grade teacher and high school volleyball coach
- Tiffany Jueneman – Elementary Physical Education teacher
- Accepted the retirement with Kpers for Bert Lord effective May 31st.
- Appointed Bert Lord as Athletic/Activities Director and Associate Principal at Marysville Junior/Senior High effective August 1st.
- Approved a motion to hire an additional 1st grade teacher at Marysville Elementary for the 2012-13 school year.
- Approved the following extended contract days:
- Brian Cook (2 days) Common Core Standards
- Mickie Crowther (2 days) Training on Restorative Practices for Tier 2 and Tier 3 students.
- Mickie Crowther (3 days) Common Core Standards.
- K’Lynne Degenhardt (10 days) Scheduling
- Lona Dittmar (2 days) Common Core Standards
- Lori Douglas (3 days) Core Curriculum
- Susan Friedrichs (3 days) Core Curriculum
- Gail Gilkerson (6 days) Health records and MES enrollment.
- Amy Hoover (6 days) Counselor
- Amy Hoover (1 day) Train teachers in FISH Curriculum
- Lynn Kracht (10 days) Librarian
- Jackie LaRue (10 days) Vocational Education Supervision and Leadership
- Craig Lister (30 days) Vocation Education Supervision and Leadership
- Cindy Mattingly (10 days) Secondary Library Aide
- Debra Miller (3 days) Core Curriculum
- Debra Miller (1 day) Prepare academic and behavior interventions
- Deb Nelsen (10 days) Elementary Library Aide
- Shawnae’ Rempe (3 days) Common Core Standards
- Cindy Ring (2 days) Common Core Standards
- Jamie Slupianek (3 days) Core Curriculum
- Debra Stohs (3 days) Core Curriculum
- Roxanne Tilley (4 days) At Risk state report and VPL training
- Kathy Totten (3 days) Core Curriculum
- Sharon Vogelsberg (10 days) Librarian
- Carla Wolfe (2 days) Common Core Standards
- Approved the following 2012-13 extra duty assignments:
|JH Assistant||J.I. Hornung|
|JH Assistant||Mike Melcher|
|Assistant||J. I. Hornung|
|9th Head||David Heyd|
|JH Assistant||Jesse Edwards|
|ART CLUB||April Spicer|
|High School||Kim Houtz|
|Junior High||Jenny Thayer-Wood|
|NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY||Mickie Crowther|
|ART SHOW||April Spicer|
|Football Sponsor||Alyssa Kracht|
|Basketball Sponsor||Alyssa Kracht|
|Wrestling Sponsor||Alyssa Kracht|
|STATE & FEDERAL PROGRAMS||Jeanne Bruna|
|High School Webmater||Lynn Kracht|
|Elementary Webmaster||Jamie Slupianek|
|FFA ADVISOR||Craig Lister|
|FBLA ADVISOR||Lynn Kracht|
|FCCLA ADVISOR||Gay Frazee|
|Data Coordinator||Lynn Kracht|
|Senior High||Millie Laughlin (1/2)|
|Linda Duever (1/2)|
|Junior High||Julie Meinhardt|
|Data Coordinator||Mickie Crowther|
|Data Coordinator||Julie Meinhardt|
|Senior High||Brian Cook|
|BUILDING LEADERSHIP TEAM|
|Junior High||Julie Meinhardt|
|Senior High||Carla Wolfe|
|Junior High||Gina Bartels|