— These minutes are unofficial until approved by the Board of Commissioners at their next meeting.
April 2, 2012 Unofficial
The Board of Nemaha County Commissioners met in regular session on Monday, April 2, 2012 in the Commission Room of the Nemaha County Courthouse. The meeting was called to order by Chairman Mark Wessel leading the flag salute. Present also were Commissioners Gary Scoby and Tim Burdiek, Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum and Office Manager Janet Linden, and County Clerk Mary Kay Schultejans recording the minutes.
Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Report:
Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum advised the board that:
- there are still trucks going into Bern by 208
th Road, which is a township road, instead of taking state highways into Bern. Commissioners suggested posting “No Thru Commercial Trucks” signs along 208th Road into Bern.
- he is working on getting a permit for Bridge J-1 south of Seneca.
- the tube for the bridge in Capioma Township between sections 21 and 28 near Woodlawn is supposed to come in this morning.
- two wells at the landfill need to be tested again at this time. Dennis stated that he is in the process of getting a company to come to test these wells. Commissioners advised Dennis to go ahead and authorize this to be done as soon as possible.
- he would like to get the steel ordered for Bridge J-1. Tim Burdiek moved to approve the purchase of the steel needed for Bridge J-1 from Husker Steel at a cost of $212,391.00. Gary Scoby seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye. Chairman Mark Wessel signed the quote from Husker Steel as presented.
- Office Manager Janet Linden had information from KDOT concerning a field check scheduled for Wednesday, April 18
th at 10:30 am at the Seneca KDOT office to discuss the bridge to be replaced along Highway 63 north of Seneca.
- Janet had a job application that was recently received for Commissioners to review.
The board reviewed vouchers submitted by the different departments that were paid at the end of March. Tim Burdiek moved to approve the pay vouchers and warrants for March 2012 as presented. Gary Scoby seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye.
Alice Lackey with the Nemaha County Training Center came before the board. She presented packets to Commissioners containing minutes and agendas from NCTC board meetings. Ms. Lackey stated that she is waiting to hear from AHRS Construction on a start date for the replacement of the parking lot at the Seneca NCTC location. She also informed the board that they will be making landscaping improvements as well at the Seneca NCTC location. Ms. Lackey spoke to Commissioners about adopting a resolution
asking that community services for persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities be removed from the managed care plan. She left a copy of such resolution for the board to review.
Chairman Mark Wessel signed add/abate orders as presented.
Sheriff Rich Vernon advised the board that:
- he would also like to see “No Thru Commercial Trucks” signs put up at 208
th Road so that truck drivers know that this route should not be used into Bern. Rich stated that he will work with Road Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum to get these signs made and put up.
- both new patrol cars are on the road at this time.
- they are currently holding two inmates in the jail.
The board reviewed the minutes from the March 26, 2012 meeting. Gary Scoby moved to approve the minutes as presented. Tim Burdiek seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye.
The board reviewed the resolution presented earlier by Alice Lackey. Tim Burdiek moved to adopt Resolution 2012-2 asking the State of Kansas to remove community services for persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities from the managed care plan. Gary Scoby seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye. Commissioners signed the resolution as presented.
County Attorney Brad Lippert came before the board. Brad stated that we are still on track to hold the next tax sale for the county this summer. Commissioners asked Brad to review Agreement No. 63-12 with KDOT concerning Wichman Road being used as a detour while replacing a bridge north of Seneca on Highway 63. Brad advised Commissioners to pay Road and Bridge/Solid Waste Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum one set salary for serving as supervisor over both the Road and Bridge Department and the Solid Waste Department.
Mark Wessel moved to include the Solid Waste manager duties into the Road and Bridge Supervisor duties at an annual pay of $64,800.00. Gary Scoby seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye.
Gary Scoby moved to approve Agreement No. 63-12 between Nemaha County and the State of Kansas concerning Wichman Road being used as the unofficial detour while a bridge along Highway 63 north of Seneca is being replaced. Mark Wessel seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye. Commissioners signed the agreement as presented.
Tim Burdiek moved to accept Norfolk Contracting, Inc. to do the labor necessary to construct the center span for Bridge J-1 at a cost of $9,990.00. Gary Scoby seconded the
motion. The motion carried with all voting aye. Chairman Mark Wessel signed the quote from Norfolk Contracting, Inc. as presented.
With no further county business coming before the board, Chairman Mark Wessel adjourned the meeting at 12:50 pm. The next regularly scheduled meeting will be held on Monday, April 9, 2012 at 9:00 am.