MARYSVILLE USD #364
Regular Board Meeting Highlights
March 14, 2012
- Accepted the following donations:
- The library fee account received $155.00 from Dank’s for grocery receipts.
- Paul Friedrichs donated $200 received for being the speaker at the Kiwanis Banquet to the scholarship fund.
- Citizens Open Forum – Marvin Turner addressed the board to vent his frustration for firing Brad Hammett as football coach.
- Reviewed a budget report showing the current budget spent compared to budget spent for the last two years.
- Approved the Crisis Management and Response Plan presented at the February Board Meeting.
- Declared 24 old baseball jerseys as surplus.
- Designated April 9, 2012 and the last day of school (dismiss at 12:10 on May 23 instead of May 24) as release days for students and staff, since no snow days were used.
- Approve administrator contracts.
- Khris Thexton (2013-14)
- Bert Lord (2012-13)
- Cindy Scarbrough (2012-13)
- Sheri Harmer (2012-13)
- Accepted the following resignations:
- Janelle Price – Paraprofessional at Marysville Elementary
- Carla Wolfe – JH Yearbook (2011-12)
- Approved the following 2011-12 extra duty assignments:
- Cole Fredrickson – JH Assistant Track
- Gina Bartels – JH Yearbook
- Appointed Eddie Minor as Head Football Coach, Head JH Boys Basketball Coach, and Teacher for 2012-13.
- Approved the following 2012-13 extra duty assignments:
- Jim Heiman – Head Girls Basketball
- Mike Melcher – Head Boys Basketball
- Cole Fredrickson – Head Wrestling
- Cole Fredrickson – JH Head Wrestling
- Discussed the possibility of Driver’s Education not being offered this summer due to not having a driving instructor.