MARYSVILLE USD #364
Regular Board Meeting Highlights
February 8, 2012
- Accepted the following donations:
- The band received $100 from Evangelical United Church of Christ. The Center Street Jazz Combo played Sunday, 1-15-12 during their services.
- The band received $1,284 from MCAC to offset costs for band members to attend the Kansas State University Concert Band Clinic.
- Received $180.00 from MCAC for KMEA registration fee for Tob Wood, Valerie Oltman, and Veronica Olmsted.
- Received $3,494.00 from an anonymous donor for weight room equipment.
- Marysville Elementary received $4,148.98 from the Mary A. Wittenberger Family Trust (final distribution including interest earned).
- Received $1,000 from Robin & Laurie Wright to be used toward the chartered bus in the fall.
- Received $600.00 from the R.L. or Elsa Helvering Trust for the After Prom Fund.
- Approved additional Donations from 2010-11:
- Received $75 from United Bank & Trust for Camp Invention on 5/3/11.
- Activity Fund – FBLA Donations of $225.00 received 8/6/10.
- Activity Fund – FFA Donation of $506.00 received 8/13/10.
- Activity Fund – Pepsi Donation of $10,000 received 9/23/10.
- Activity Fund – Videography Donation of $50 received 10/29/10.
- Activity Fund – Athletic/Activity Improvement Donation of $1,000 received 3/16/11.
- Activity Fund – Various Wrestling Room Improvement Donations of $2,550.00 received April through June 2011.
- Activity Fund – Popular Music Donation of $442.47 received 5/26/11.
- Approved the 2010-11 audit report presented by Ken Kickhaefer of Kickhaefer & Associates, P.A., and to approve the 2011-12 audit contract with Kickhaefer & Associates, P.A. in the amount of $9,950.
- Reviewed a budget report showing the current budget spent compared to budget spent for the last two years.
- Heard that with the new narrowband regulations, all bus radios, eight handheld radios, and the Repeater will need to be replaced before January 1, 2013. A quote was received from TFM Comm Inc. in the amount of $15,631.95 (includes installation, but not any rebates). Radios replaced and installation would take place during the summer.
- Adopted the 2012-13 calendar. (Classes will begin on August 16, 2012 and end May 23, 2013.)
- Accepted the resignation/retirement of Ron Kjellberg as Director of Transportation effective May 31, 2012.
- Approved the following extra duty assignments:
- Matt Schmelzle – Assistant Golf
- Barb Dummermuth – Assistant Softball
- Donny Stewart – Assistant Boys Tennis
- Tabled Administrator Contract Renewals.