An important reminder from Blue Valley Tele-Communications…
There has been a recent wave of fraudulent emails to our customers, the purpose of which is to elicit personal information for criminal purposes. This is known as ‘phishing’ and is something of which you should be very wary since the emails often appear to be from legitimate sources. Here are some tips to avoid these types of scams:
• Legitimate businesses, including Blue Valley Tele-Communications, will not ask you for information regarding your account, personal identification, or credit cards via email. If you receive an email with a link asking you to confirm any of this type of information, contact that business directly.
• Make sure that your computer has the latest recommended ‘patches’ installed for your operating system and applications, and that your anti-virus software is active and up to date.
• Read the emails very carefully before you open any attachments or click on any links! Most phishing attacks will contain misspelled words or odd sentences. If you are still uncertain, trash it!
• If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Blue Valley Tele-Communications at 877.876.1228 or email email@example.com.
• For more information, visit this website about phishing: http://www.antiphishing.org/consumer_recs.html
We thank you for your business and encourage you to contact us with any questions you may have! Your Friends at Blue Valley Tele-Communications, Inc.