MARYSVILLE USD #364 Regular Board Meeting Highlights January 11, 2012 • January is designated School Board Recognition Month. Mr. Thexton presented the board members certificates of appreciation for their dedication to our children and public education in Kansas.
•Accepted the following donations: o Received $100 from John and Laura McNish to the band program. o Received $25 in anonymous cash donations during the Christmas Concert to the band program. o Received $300 from the Winifred Johnson Charitable Trust for the GED program. o Received $6,000 from Guise-Weber Foundation for the GED program. o Received a kindle for the library from an anonymous donor. o Received $ 3,205.92 from the Class of 1960: • Lona Dittmar – DVD Recorder – $203.76 • Lynn Kracht – Portable tripod screen – $323.35 • Millie Laughlin-Pocket camcorder with memory stick- $356.94 • April Spicer – Camera lens – $339.00 • Carla Wolfe – 3 wireless headsets – $537.00 • Jenny Thayer-Wood – iPad with accessories – $717.00 • Tob Wood – iPad with accessories – $728.87
• Reviewed a budget report showing the current budget spent compared to budget spent for the last two years.
• Discussed the calendar for 2012-13. Adoption of the calendar will be at the February Board Meeting.
• Accepted the resignation of Eric Arganbright as elementary At-Risk Aide and GED instructor.
• Appointed Gayle Hawkins and Davanee Nietfeld as Co-After Prom Sponsors.
• Appointed Nolan Sump as GED Instructor.
• Approved the following extra duty assignments for 2012-13: o John Rueger – Head Cross Country o Cole Fredrickson – JH Head Football o Mary Kessinger-Wassom – Head Girls Tennis o Janelle Noel – Head Volleyball o Amy Renyer – JH Head Volleyball