— These minutes are unofficial until approved by the Board of Commissioners at their next meeting.
December 19, 2011 Unofficial
The Board of Nemaha County Commissioners met in regular session on Monday, December 19, 2011 in the Commission Room of the Nemaha County Courthouse. The meeting was called to order by Chairman Tim Burdiek leading the flag salute. Present also were Commissioners Mark Wessel and Gary Scoby, Road and Bridge Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum and Office Manager Janet Linden, and County Clerk Mary Kay Schultejans recording the minutes.
Road and Bridge Report:
Road and Bridge Supervisor Dennis Ronnebaum advised the board that:
- he would leave it up to Commissioners to decide if any of the patrol operators should attend an upcoming training on grading roads.
- Office Manager Janet Linden had a right of way easement request from AT&T to bore under the Bern-Sabetha Road just north of Sabetha. Gary Scoby moved to approve the right of way easement request for AT&T. Mark Wessel seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye. Chairman Tim Burdiek signed the request as presented.
- Janet had found out from Nicholson & Associates that the Road and Bridge Department and the Solid Waste Department should stay in the same pool concerning KDOT drug testing.
Dale Dorsch came before the board on behalf of the Kansas Local Technical Assistance Program to speak to Commissioners about hosting a motor grader workshop on April 20, 2012 at the Pioneer Building. The board agreed to sponsor this workshop.
Sheriff Rich Vernon advised the board that:
- they are currently holding five inmates this week in the jail.
- they are putting bids together right now for patrol cars to be purchased in 2012. They are also considering replacing Steve Linden’s jeep as well which has had some problems recently.
- they had an interesting weekend this past weekend, but nothing too major to report.
The board reviewed the minutes from the December 12, 2011 meeting. Gary Scoby moved to approve the minutes as presented. Mark Wessel seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye.
Chairman Tim Burdiek signed the Clerk’s Monthly Fees Report for November 2011 as presented.
Chairman Tim Burdiek signed add/abate orders as presented.
The board signed letters to State Senator Mark Taddiken and State Representative Randy Garber on behalf of Juvenile Justice Authority.
Commissioners reviewed Draft 1 of the 2012 Reorganization, suggesting further changes to be made to the document before it is approved.
County Attorney Brad Lippert came before the board. Commissioners discussed with Brad the condition of the Centralia Lake Road. Tim Burdiek stated that he drove the road in question. He stated that the road needs improvements, but was not in terrible shape. Commissioners decided to do nothing at this time in response to the complaints made to them by Terry Smith on the condition of this road.
Commissioners also discussed with Brad the opening of a road in Neuchatel Township.
Commissioners also discussed with Brad the holding of the next tax sale in the county. Brad stated that the hearing for the next tax sale will be held in January or February.
Commissioners agreed to upgrade the lighting in the upstairs portion of the vaults at the courthouse. Maintenance will talk to an electrician about getting this done.
Commissioners reviewed a request made earlier from Glacial Hills Enterprise for an appropriation of $2,000.00 for 2011. Mark Wessel moved to approve such appropriation. Gary Scoby seconded the motion. The motion carried with all voting aye.
With no further county business coming before the board, Chairman Tim Burdiek adjourned the meeting at 4:00 pm. The next regularly scheduled meeting will be held on Thursday, December 29, 2011 at 9:00 am due to the courthouse being closed on December 26
th for the Christmas Holiday.