MARYSVILLE USD #364
Regular Board Meeting Highlights
November 9, 2011
• Accepted the following donations:
o Received $1,000 for the secondary library from Theresa Nester Kramer who graduated from MHS in 1932 and passed away May 21, 2011 in memory of her mother Anna Nester Cottrell.
o Received $400 from the Ryan Behrens Memorial Fund to purchase kindles for the secondary library.
o Received a $50 cash donation to the sophomore class.
o Received a $25 cash donation to split between vocal music and Popular Music Lab.
o Received cash donations of $80 for Lifter’s Club.
o Received $1,000 from Pepsi-Cola Bottling Company for a scholarship.
o Received $200 from Wal-Mart for Charter Education at the High School.
o Disapprove the donation accepted at the October board meeting from Marshall County Arts Cooperative of $750 to the MS Drama Club to help with their production of “You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown”. (MCAC issued the checks for services as musical director and choreographer.)
• Reviewed a budget report showing the current budget spent compared to budget spent for the last two years.
• Trane is finishing up the lights for the Energy Project.
• Congratulated Matt Oliver for his winning video he submitted to United Bank & Trust. His video will be sent on to be judged by the American Bankers Association in Washington DC this week. Matt won a $100 Visa Gift Card from the bank, and will be competing nationally for the Grand Prized of $3000 in Savings Bonds. Second place gets $1500 in Savings Bonds and third gets $500 also in Savings Bonds.
• Congratulated Mary Kessinger-Wassom for being selected by the USTA Missouri Valley Awards Committee as the recipient of the award 2011 USTA Missouri Valley Outstanding High School Coach. She will be presented the award in Overland Park on Saturday, December 3, 2011.
• Accepted the following resignations:
o Tina Bruna – JH Girls Basketball Coach
o Glenda Eck – After Prom Sponsor
o Mary Schilling – Special Education Director (Retirement at the end of the school year.)
• Appointed Melissa Faxon as JH basketball coach.
• General Discussion:
o American Education Week – November 13-19, 2011.
o KASB convention is December 2-4, 2011 in Overland Park.