Baileyville B&B Falcons vs. Thunder Ridge Longhorns Saturday from Newton.
The Baileyville B&B Falcons are going for the 8 Man, Division II State Football Championship and they face undefeated Thunder Ridge at Fisher Field in Newton, Kansas. Pregame will follow Kansas Jayhawk Football on KNDY FM 95.5 and kickoff is scheduled for 3:00 p.m.
The broadcast will be available on KNDY FM 95.5 in Marysville and KD Country 94 in Beloit. You can listen to the broadcast online through the following internet streams:
KD Country 94 Sports Director Dusty Deines has some interesting tidbits about this Saturdays contest in Newton between the Baileyville B&B Falcons and the Thunder Ridge Longhorns. These were originally posted as Twitter updates:
- For those way behind or away from the area, Thunder Ridge has been in existence for 4 years. Consolidation of Kensington & Eastern Heights.
- Last time a team that was located in Kensington played in the State Championship, the K-Town Goldbugs beat B&B 52-6 in 1994.
- In the consolidation, Kensington has 3 state championship appearances. Won 8-Man in 1979, Runner-Up in DII in 1993, Champ in DII in 1994.
- In the consolidation, Agra/Eastern Heights never made it to a State Championship game.
- The numbers I’m about to shoot out about B&B are staggering. They have to be considered one of the top 5 schools to ever play KS 8-Man FB.
- This will be B&B’s 11th State Championship Appearance. They are 3-7 in their previous 10. Three were 11-Man games, the other 7 were 8-Man.
- B&B won State Championships in 1982 (1A-11-Man), 2008 (8-Man DI) & 2010 (8-Man DII).
- This will be the 4th straight State Championship appearance for B&B. Won DI in ’08 and DII in ’10 as mentioned. Lost DI in ’09.
- B&B is the first team to play in 4 straight 8-Man title games since Hanston played in 7 in a row from 1998-2004.
- B&B is 1 of 5 schools to play in at least 4 straight 8-Man Titles. Hanston, Claflin (4-89-92), No. Valley (5-86-90), Midway-Denton (5-84-88).
- If you’re tired of old history, how about some recent history for B&B. This is their 5th straight playoff birth.
- B&B has won 49 of its last 50 games from 2008-11 and 56 of its last 60 games from 2007-11. Its last regular season loss was 9/21/2007.
- Other notes on 8-Man State Championships. B&B (DII) and Madison (DI) both have a chance to repeat as champs. Last repeat: Hanover (08-09).
- Last time both teams repeated? Midway-Denton & Northern Valley in 1986 & 1987. NV won DI then DII, M-D won DII then DI.