MARYSVILLE USD #364
Regular Board Meeting Highlights
October 12, 2011
- Accepted the following donations:
- Received $1,000 for stadium seats to the Athletics/Activities Fund.
- Received $2,300 for admissions and drink cards to the Bulldog Club.
- Marysville Elementary received supplies and cash donations through the “Stuff the Bus” program sponsored by United Bank & Trust.
- JH School Improvement received $50 through the “Stuff the Bus” program sponsored by United Bank & Trust.
- Received supplies through the “Back to School Supply Drive” sponsored by Dollar General.
- Received $3,000.00 from the Helvering Trust and Guise-Weber Foundation for a Yamaha LC3 Music Lab system for Valerie Oltman.
- Marshall County Arts Cooperative’s pledged $750 to the MHS Drama Club to help with their production of You’re A Good Man, Charlie Brown.
- Received $300 from an anonymous donor to purchase document cameras at Marysville Elementary.
- Received $20 from Jim and Linda Swim for Art Club.
- Received $350 for stadium seats to the Athletic/Activity Improvements.
- Received $250 from an anonymous donor to Drama Club.
- Following a hearing, authorized expenditures for accepting the Title VI Funds.
- Approved The Special Education Handbook of Local Practices which assures that the district policies align with state and federal statutes and regulations and fulfills the requirement of adopting and implementing practices and programs at the local level.
- Reviewed a budget report showing the current budget spent compared to budget spent for the last two years.
- Received the 2010-11 Annual Report relating to district activities of the past school year, and Budget Message which outlines some of the major objectives for the 2011-12 year as well as the budget to carry out the school operation for this year.
- Approved the Preventative Maintenance Agreement with Thermal Comfort Air in the amount of $7,400. (Among other items, this agreement includes mainly boiler equipment, heat pumps, and chillers.)
- Appointed Kevin Samuelson as delegate and all other board members as alternates to the KASB delegate assembly at the annual convention December 2-4 in Overland Park.
- Increased Kim Faulkner’s (Speech Pathologist) time from 3 days per week to 3 1/2 days per week (.6 FTE to .7 FTE).
- Accepted the resignation of Matt Wassom, secondary At Risk Aide.
- Made the following appointments:
- Deb Kruse as bus driver.
- Dena O’Toole – Paraprofessional at Valley Heights
- Connie Kraemer – Paraprofessional at Valley Heights
- Kate Lott – secondary At Risk Aide
- Approved Derek Pretre and Greg Stohs as Assistant Baseball Coaches.