Home | KNDY News | Gas Leak Causes Daycare To Evacuate

Gas Leak Causes Daycare To Evacuate

Emergency personnel were called out mid-day Tuesday to 508 N. 13th in Marysville after a contractor who was digging up roots in the alley clipped a natural gas line. As a result, a daycare located just north of the gas leak evacuated for a short time to the Helvering Center until the situation was resolved.

Kansas Gas quickly took care of the situation and the daycare children were able to return within about 30 minutes. Marshall County Agency on Aging buses were called in case of a large scale evacuation.

With winds strong out of the North, emergency personnel decided the intensity of the gas was being broken up and a large scale evacuation was not needed.

About Kevin Rippe

Kevin Rippe was born in Marysville and moved to Smith Center at the age of 1, then graduated from Smith Center High School in 1995. He graduated from Cloud County Community College in 1997, and joined the staff of KKAN/KQMA radio in Phillipsburg a year later. Since June of 2011 Kevin has been with us here at Your Country KNDY. You can hear Kevin on daily news reports, as well as calling area high school football and basketball. Kevin lives in Marysville with his wife Melissa, and 4 children Brennen, Jacob, Bailee, and Joshua.