Marysville, KansasLocal Weather Alerts
There are currently no active weather alerts.
Home | KNDY News | Hanover Man Arrested in Large Drug Bust

Hanover Man Arrested in Large Drug Bust

FAIRBURY – Jefferson County Sheriff’s office, Fairbury Police Department and the Joint Fugitive Task Force served a combined nine drug related warrants since Feb. 2, resulting in seven arrests of Fairbury residents for possession with intent to deliver.

Those from Fairbury facing charges are David S. Fentress, 20; Amy L. Barker, 31; Steven D. Boomgaarn Sr. 51; Trampes L. McCardle, 24, three counts; Roger A. Roland, 46, two counts; Jan V. Henderson, 41 and Jeanie Kearn, 34. Three others were arrested for possession with intent to deliver: Michael D. Blake, 38, of Alexandria and Christopher M. Chambers, 25, Lincoln, two counts in Lancaster County. Chambers is awaiting transport from Lancaster County Jail to Jefferson County.

Frederic P. Edmundson, 46, Hanover, Kan. who turned himself in at the Jefferson County Sheriff’s office.

Shanon Branson, 35 of Fairbury, was arrested for aiding and abetting a felony.

Boomgaarn Sr., Fentress and Barker remain in custody at the Jefferson County Jail.

Branson, Blake, Roland, Henderson, Edmundson and Kearn were released on personal recognizance bonds.

McCardle was released on $5,000 bond. Chambers is awaiting transport from Lancaster County Jail to Jefferson County.

The Fugitive Task Force is made up of officers from the Nebraska State Patrol and the U.S. Marshal’s Service. The warrants issued stemmed from investigations by the Rural Apprehension Program Task Force over 22 months. The RAP Drug Task Force is supported by a grant awarded by the Nebraska Crime Commission. The RAP Task Force receives 75 percent of its operating costs from a government grant amounting to $91,300. Local agencies supply the remaining 25 percent, $30,434. Agencies from the following counties are involved with the task force; Saunders, Polk, Merrick, Hamilton, York, Seward, Jefferson, Thayer and Fillmore. The Nebraska State Patrol is a member of RAP. RAP has been in continuous operation since 1990.

About Jeff Ottens