KDHE recommend the following for residents of the district:
- Boil water for one minute prior to drinking or food preparation, or use bottled water.
- Use only boiled water for drinking, diluting fruit juices, and all other food preparation.
- Dispose of ice cubes and do not use ice from a household automatic icemaker.
- Remake ice cubes with water that has been boiled.
- Disinfect dishes and other food contact surfaces by immersion for at least one minute in clean tap water that contains 1 teaspoon of unscented household bleach per gallon of water.
- Water used for bathing does not generally need to be boiled.
- Supervision of children is necessary while bathing or using backyard pools so water is not ingested.
- Persons with cuts or severe rashes may wish to consult their physicians.
There was no word on exactly when the boil order would be lifted.