The Board of Marshall County Commissioners met in regular adjourned session with Michael J. Keating, Chairman; Charles R. Loiseau and Thomas K. Holle members; and Sonya L. Stohs, County Clerk present.
The meeting was called to order at 9:00 a.m.
The Board opened the meeting with the flag salute.
The minutes and agenda were approved as presented upon a motion by Thomas K. Holle moved, seconded by Charles R. Loiseau. Unanimous.
Custodian Lou Wassenberg met with the Board to give them the schedule for the lighting replacement.
Charles R. Losieau moved, seconded by Thomas K. Holle to approve the contract with FRTco., Francis Taphorn, Marysville, KS for repairing the roof on the Health Department. Unanimous.
Thomas K. Holle moved, seconded by Charles R. Losieau to approve the following purchase orders. Unanimous.
- ARC, Leavenworth, KS for election supplies. $1,142.12-Election fund-P.O. # 3819.
- KU Continuing Education, Lawrence, KS for hazmat classes. $9,500.00-HMEPG grant-P.O. # 3748.
- Brian Carroll, Marysville, KS for special prosecutor fees for St. vs. Kling. $1,220.00-General (Co. Attorney) fund-P.O. # 3816.
- Herbster Law Office for attorney fees. $515.44-General (Dist. Court) fund-P.O. # 3805.
- Merck, Carol Stream, IL for private vaccine. $5,900.44-Health fund-P.O. # 3779.
- Medela, Chicago, IL for WIC supplies. $738.00-Health fund-P.O. # 3780.
- GSK, Atlanta, GA for private vaccine. $2,384.30-Health fund-P.O. # 3781.
County Attorney Laura Johnson-McNish met with the Board to give them an update on the property in Vliets.
Michael J. Keating moved, seconded by Charles R. Loiseau to into executive session for ten minutes at 9:40 a.m. to discuss matters of attorney client privilege with County Attorney Laura Johnson-McNish present. Unanimous.
Public Works Administrator Mike Craig and Public Coordinating Supervisor Larry Polson met with the Board.
Thomas K. Holle moved, seconded by Michael J. Keating to have Public Works Administrator Mike Craig contact a representative from Westar Energy about getting approval to reopen Keystone Road. Unanimous.
Michael J. Keating moved, Charles R. Loiseau to lease the New Holland C185 compact track loader for $4,000.00 with the maximum of 250 hours in a year and additional hours are $15.00 an hour. Unanimous.
Sheriff Daniel A. Hargrave met with the Board.
Thomas K. Holle moved, seconded by Charles R. Loiseau to approve the following purchase order. Unanimous.
- FRTco., Francis Taphorn, Marysville, KS for Health Dept. roof repair. $7,037.00-Health building fund-P.O. # 3820.
Public Works Administrator Mike Craig met with the Board.
Economic Development Director George McCune and Community Development Coordinator Juanita McCune met with the Board with a weekly update.
Thomas K. Holle moved, seconded by Michael J. Keating to approve the Chairman signing a letter of engagement with Grubb & Ellis, St. Louis Park, MN subject to the approval of the Marshall County Partnership for Growth, Inc. Unanimous.
Thomas K. Holle moved, seconded by Michael J. Keating to approve vouchers, as presented, and issue manual warrants from the respective fund. Unanimous.
Thomas K. Holle moved, seconded by Michael J. Keating to adjourn the meeting at 1:17 p.m. Unanimous. The next meeting will be Monday, October 18, 2010 starting at 9:00 a.m.