MARYSVILLE USD #364
Regular Board Meeting Highlights
March 8, 2010
· Received a letter announcing that Mary Kessinger-Wassom has been named the 2009 National Federation Coaches Association, Section 5 (Midwest) Girl’s Tennis Coach of the Year.
· Accepted the following donations:
o Received $20.00 from the Marysville Lions Club for Camp Invention.
o Received $175.00 from Marysville Lodge No. 91. AF & AM for Camp Invention.
o Received $175.00 from United Steel Workers, Local 471, District 11 for Camp Invention.
o Received $250.00 from Blue Valley Tele-Communications, Inc. for Camp Invention.
o Received $1,000.00 from Blue Valley Telecommunications to help offset the cost of providing student planners.
o Received $2,750 from Robert Sextro ($250 to the high school activity fund and $2,500 for the Carrie Sextro Scholarship Fund).
o Received $3,600 from the Class of 1960 to purchase:
· Goggle Sanitizer & UP Lamp for Millie Laughlin ($634.03)
· Digital flip ultra handheld camcorder for Tob Wood ($129.00)
· Two Tascam compact digital audio recorder for Tob Wood ($280.00)
· Electronic drum set for Tob Wood ($1,591.00)
· Biofuels Kits, Earthquake Board, and Plate Tectonics Model for Jenny Thayer-Wood ($965.57)
· Reviewed a budget report showing the current budget spent compared to budget spent for the last two years.
· Approved a motion to enter into a 3 year lease/purchase agreement for 200 laptops, and purchasing up to 50 desktop computers per year.
· Approved a motion to offer driver’s education this summer at a cost of $240 per student. (Parents will have the option to make payments.)
· Revised the 2010-11 calendar to change the September 17 In-Service day to September 13 due to Homecoming.
· Appointed the following extra duty assignments:
o Brian Miller – Assistant HS Track
o Derek Martin – Assistant HS Softball
· Increased Joni Milner, food service worker, from 3 days per week to 5 days per week.