MARYSVILLE USD #364
Regular Board Meeting Highlights
February 8, 2010
- Accepted the following donations:
- Received $500 from Rotary on May 12, 2009 which was not accepted by the board at that time.
- Received $1,500 from the Sons of the American Legion for Camp Invention.
- Received $100 from John and Laura McNish donated to the band department.
- Received $2,500 from the R.L. or Elsa Helvering Trust to pay for the Drug Free Awareness Presentation by Brandon Knauss.
- For boys basketball received:
- First Commerce Bank – $100
- Bruna Brothers Implement – $250
- Jim and Sue Rowland – $25
- Pizza Hut – $115
- Union Pacific Railroad – $100
- Citizen’s State Bank – $1,000
- For the weight room received:
- Bill Blumer – $1,000
- Anonymous Donor – New rubber flooring for weight room
- Reviewed a budget report showing the current budget spent compared to budget spent for the last two years.
- Approved the 2008-09 audit report presented by Ken Kickhaefer of Kickhaefer & Associates, P.A.
- Approved the 2009-10 audit contract with Kickhaefer & Associates, P.A. in the amount of $9,100.
- Chad Remboldt with Trane Commercial Services gave a presentation on Facility Conservation Improvement Program (FCIP). By consensus the board agreed to have Trane do an energy audit for the district.
- Approved name changes to receive funding for the following courses:
- FACS Leadership 9-10 Basic skills to Career and Life Planning
- Parenting 10-12 to Family Studies
- Personal Management 11-12 to Consumer Education
- Foods and Nutrition/Nutrition and Wellness 9-12 to Nutrition and Wellness
- FACS Leadership 10-12 (Project oriented) to Career and Community Connections
Marysville USD #364
Board Meeting Highlights
- Discussed possible cuts if the legislators decide to continue to try and solve the state’s budget issues through cuts rather than an increase in revenue. They include:
- Alternative School/Academy
- At-Risk Programs
- MTSS/RTI Programs
- Junior High Athletic Programs
- Freshmen Athletic Programs
- Reduction of Band and Choir Programs
- Art Programs
- Vo-Ag Program Reductions
- Eliminate all field trips including privately funded trips
- Cut varsity athletic programs (golf, tennis, softball, and baseball)
- Restrict all travel for varsity activities
- Reduction of support staff
- No scheduled maintenance programs unless of equipment failure
- No computer replacements
- Reduction of certified positions
- Discussed snow days and hours. The board authorized Mr. Thexton to extend school time at the elementary by 10 minutes if needed to make up a snow day.
- Adopted the 2010-11 calendar. (Classes will begin on August 18, 2010 and end May 25, 2011.)
- Accepted the retirement under KPERS for Mary Schilling.
- Offered a contract to Mary Schilling as Special Education Director for the 2010-11 school year.
- Approved the following Administrator Contracts.
- Khris Thexton – Superintendent (2011-12)
- Bert Lord – Elementary Principal (2010-11)
- Cindy Scarbrough – Junior High Principal (2010-11)
- Sheri Harmer – Senior High Principal (2010-11)
- Vernon Golladay-Activities Director/Associate Principal (2010-11)
- No action was taken on snow days for classified employees.